I was washing a brand new, never used Bodum Canteen double walled glass. I was being very gentle and the glass shattered. My finger was sliced open and the cut was so deep that the bone was exposed. It gushed blood and I was rushed to the hospital. I ended up needing an x-ray to ensure that I didn't have shards of glass inside my finger and then received five stitches. My hand is marred, I had to miss days of work because of the injury, and had numerous hospital bills.
Since the incident, I have seen another glass break in my presence and the user was not being rough with the glass. I also had a manager of a Starbucks (a location that sells these cups) tell me that he has pictures from an incident last year when the same cup sliced his palm open from just picking the glass up. And I have also read numerous reviews online saying that this cup is too delicate, breaks easily, and is unsafe. The cup is clearly a product liability.
I called Bodum to report the incident and voice my concern about the safety of the product. They refuse to answer my emails and phone calls. Not only is this company selling dangerous products, but their customer service is terrible. Ignoring me shows a complete lack of concern and blatant disrespect for their consumers.
(product link: http://www.bodum.com/us/en-us/shop/detail/10108-10/?navid=266)
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Health and Beauty
You May Also Like
- "My two year old broke out into his FIRST ever allergic reaction due to the honest company wipes. I assumed it was because he was sensitive to something in them...."
- "I was cooking chicken with bodum Lasagna Dish. About 80 minutes into cooking my oven started to smoke. I had this item for 1 year. An entire corner of the..."
- "Waste of time and money DO NOT GO TO FARMINGTON CONNECTICUT HAIR CLUB THEY LIE LIE LIE AND ALL IT IS IS WIGS AND THE HAIR QUALITY IS NOT GOOD..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..."
- "Back around my birthday, believe it or Not which was on Saturday, February 13, 2016, I tried to send my contractor a payment via Paypal and it would Not go..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."