This was given as a gift in March 2015.The handle fell off in mid-February 2016.
The warranty is supposed to be a year. I took a photo and sent the information to Bodum. They wrote back and said it would only be covered if I had the original proof of purchase. I sent back all the requested information, including the date and location of the purchase, but not the receipt (because it was a gift).
They denied the claim - no receipt, no coverage. But, I insisted, it is clearly a product failure to have the spot welds give out and the handle to fall off. No matter, we don't have to cover it since you don't have the proof of purchase. Crazy!
I purchased a similar espresso pot for work from VEV Vigano.
It had a problem with a part - VEV Vigano replaced it without any question.Clearly, I will not purchase from Bodum again.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Great design
- Innovative products
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bodum Chambord Stovetop Espresso Maker
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "When I ordered from this Company, I was warned prior to purchasing the hair. A video on YouTube called HALO INDIAN HAIR SUCKS!!! warned me of this indian hair vendor...."
- "I ordered a mobile phone worth Php 5,499.00 last May 22, I paid it with my smartmoney debit card. After a few hours, customer service called me to verify the..."
- "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..."
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "Please stay away from this place and all other locations. My cat was taken in for a routine scheduled teeth cleaning and died. She was put under sedation, which she..."
- "A&E notes While I have my service contract through Sears it is A&E that gets sent out. The following is about A&E Service. Notes about Sears visit for washer (2/6/14) around noon. The..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."