This was given as a gift in March 2015.The handle fell off in mid-February 2016.
The warranty is supposed to be a year. I took a photo and sent the information to Bodum. They wrote back and said it would only be covered if I had the original proof of purchase. I sent back all the requested information, including the date and location of the purchase, but not the receipt (because it was a gift).
They denied the claim - no receipt, no coverage. But, I insisted, it is clearly a product failure to have the spot welds give out and the handle to fall off. No matter, we don't have to cover it since you don't have the proof of purchase. Crazy!
I purchased a similar espresso pot for work from VEV Vigano.
It had a problem with a part - VEV Vigano replaced it without any question.Clearly, I will not purchase from Bodum again.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Great design
- Innovative products
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bodum Chambord Stovetop Espresso Maker
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "So back in October 23 2012 i got into this website because i was sure it would be safe because it has a YOUTUBE channel "HRH COLLECTION", oh well silly..."
- "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..."
- "Jessica Zamarron of Pink Sugar XO arrested for using stolen credit cards obtained by mail thieves Aret and Frances Frangulyan. They pilfered over 759 credit card statements in their..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "Stacey Valnes has taken advantage of me and my mother when he suggested that we list our house at the price that he came up with by looking at the..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "This firm that has a slogan "For Dads" was recommended to me by a friend's friend for helping me out after my X claimed that I never paid her child..."
- "I hate and I mean hate this company 17%....really and my car payment is $479. This was the worst mistake ever. This was my first car loan and I was..."
- "I've had two times where I was suppose to have won x2 items through this suppose to be game/survey, which I only was connected to this site through PCH. I..."