This was given as a gift in March 2015.The handle fell off in mid-February 2016.
The warranty is supposed to be a year. I took a photo and sent the information to Bodum. They wrote back and said it would only be covered if I had the original proof of purchase. I sent back all the requested information, including the date and location of the purchase, but not the receipt (because it was a gift).
They denied the claim - no receipt, no coverage. But, I insisted, it is clearly a product failure to have the spot welds give out and the handle to fall off. No matter, we don't have to cover it since you don't have the proof of purchase. Crazy!
I purchased a similar espresso pot for work from VEV Vigano.
It had a problem with a part - VEV Vigano replaced it without any question.Clearly, I will not purchase from Bodum again.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Great design
- Innovative products
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bodum Chambord Stovetop Espresso Maker
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..."
- "For the record, I was a big Dr. Dabber fan. I owned their Ghost. I owned 2 Lights. No issues. I bought a Dr. Dabber Aura because of the magnetics. I..."
- "I was in place to shoot with Hasan I text him to confirm timing and if we could make the shoot happen. I was told it will be a 900$..."
- "My uncle recieved a check in the mail and asked if i could take him to get information and how he could cash it and what not. The clerk there..."
- "This firm that has a slogan "For Dads" was recommended to me by a friend's friend for helping me out after my X claimed that I never paid her child..."
- "Upon arriving in Nacogdoches, I checked my phone, Days Inn, fairly close, reasonably priced, ok why not. The young lady, that checked us in, would rather get back to texting,..."
- "After learning the hard way that my kindergarten son's school has never been able to reach me via telephone, Only a recorded msg that the call can not be completed..."
- "Dont fool with this company omg from 2009 to 2016 the warranty is a scam and there pillow top is a flat top in two months dont waste your time..."